He was drinking and I’ve been arrested for a DUI in Maryland-What do I do now?
Any Maryland DUI conviction can mean going to jail, possibly a felony conviction on his record. The state of Maryland is known for being proud of the toughest DUI laws in the country. Do you know your rights DUI in Maryland? Although all the arguments of the defense of DUI in Maryland’s criminal are still different in some ways, the result is based on the facts and circumstances of DUI charges. The following tips can help you if you are detained and possibly charged with DUI:
Tips to follow before being charged with a DUI in Maryland
- When talking to the police officer, always be courteous, cooperative and produce the requested documents.
- If asked any questions about drinking, do not respond.
- If asked to participate in any consideration being on the road, you do not agree to participate.
- You do not agree to participate in any evidence of his eyes.
- You do not agree to participate in any test to upgrade your breath.
- If the police officer asks questions, not answer any questions until you’re under arrest.
- Once detained, ask to be allowed to contact his lawyer immediately.
- Make sure you request privacy to talk to his lawyer.
- Remember, you have the right to remain silent.
If you have been arrested for DUI and the officer who read the implied consent form, make sure you agree with either breath or blood tests required to alleviate the possibility of a suspension of two years of their driver’s license in case of default.